Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvel fan
<p>As a devoted Marvel fan, I seldom have anything bad to say about the MCU, but this was a tremendous letdown. I was excited to watch it since Ragnarok is one of my favorite Marvel films, but I was quite disappointed. It was quite boring, and none of the comedy struck me. For the first time in a Marvel picture, I felt myself wanting to leave or hoping the film would end. Gorr, the god-killer, is used horribly. The portions about Zeus and Mount Olympus were particularly revolting. This was created in some way, and I have no clue how. I wouldn't even describe it as garbage.<br>Marvel Studios and Disney have essentially stolen from their dedicated following for every million dollars that Thor: Love and Thunder generates. In terms of spoilers, believe me when I say there is nothing to ruin in this hollow comedy.<br>Despite his moniker, "Gorr - The Deity Butcher," we never saw him murder anybody, never alone a deity. If such an obvious insult had been made to any other property, there would have been outrage or derision, but in the MCU, everything goes. Thor: Love and Thunder, which is effectively titled after Chris and his daughter, is a box of sweets only good for generating a visual sugar high, but without the high or the sweetness, thanks to a constant barrage of terrible and repeated jokes and storyline difficulties that the director couldn't have bothered with. The MCU is no longer a liked franchise; it is now loved, and as such, it can get away with producing useless and pointless goods while still being heaped with praise and passionately eaten.<br>Apart from allowing Chris Hemsworth and Taika Waititi to talk about their children, this film had little purpose other than to tickle their egos. But don't interpret what follows as me "bashing" their children; the children are blameless victims of their parents' narcissism flagle. Thor: Love and Thunder was created out of pure nepotism and egotism, and it lacks any real content, direction, or purpose.<br>"Whatever It Takes," as someone once said, is the Avengers' catchphrase in the final act.<br>Thor says to Love and Thunder, "Whatever."<br>This is the best way to describe this object, which is a movie only in name.<br>The comments by Chris Hemsworth and Taika Waititi that the film is something a seventh-grader could have made and that its target audience is children aged six and up show how Marvel is so confident and dismissive of its audience that it doesn't mind bragging about it.<br></p>